Monday, November 26, 2012

Fabric Circle Topiaries

Source:  Cloth Paper Scissors Today e-Newsletter
The latest edition of the Cloth Paper Scissors e-Newsletter shared a tutorial for making the "Fabric Circle Topiaries" pictured above.  They are featured in the 2011/2012 edition of CPS Gifts magazine. 

Don't the flowers look exactly like the layered fabric flowers I blogged about earlier this month?!  I could use dressmaker pins to affix them to a styrofoam tree form, and I would have a Fabric Circle Topiary of my own!

I'm not sure the project really suits my style, but it was still super-fun to open up the e-mail message and see something that uses an element so similar to what I had just created.

4 comments:

Janet said...

They do look like your flowers! I saw these in the newsletter and thought of yours, too. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!" CPS is flattering you!

Karenann Young said...

Looks like a great idea and I remember your post. Last year I was looking for styrofoam tree forms and they aren't cheap! I may have to wing it and make the tree out of paper and hot glue them on!

Parabolic Muse said...

WHAT?! Now, you listen to me, missy! You make one of these!

You know what I think? I think we should exchange one. I'll go get a styrofoam thing. Actually, I have a block of styrofoam, and I can cut it into a tree shape. And it will be light to mail!

Okay, I'm getting carried away again. Let's just say, this is cute. But it doesn't have to be in this shape or size.

Off to find a car-sized styrofoam block that will fit in a flat rate box...

Shopgirl said...

The trees are so pretty, something very different...looks like fun to do. Mary