Saturday, July 28, 2012

Date Night at the Auction

At least once a month these days, Friday nights find my husband and I at Briggs Auction.
We usually go after a nice dinner out, which means we arrive around 8 pm.  We have determined that 8 pm is too late for the ephemera that interests me, and too early for the tools that interest him.  We haven't changed our ways, though.
As fun as auctions are, sometimes you wish you could just pick an item off a table and pay for it, instead of waiting for the auctioneer to get around to that side of the room.
I realized that while I've often shared photos of my loot from the auction, I've never taken pictures of the auction itself.
I have to believe that some of you enjoy looking at the "stuff" of auctions as much as I do.  It is what drives us to yard sales, flea markets, antique stores, and thrift shops.  There is something picturesque about piles of other people's junk, even if we have no intention of bringing it home.
We didn't bid on a single item last night, and didn't even stay too long.  But we've been there often enough now, that there's just something comfortable about showing up, looking around, checking out the crowd a bit, and then heading home.
It's been one of our favorite Friday night Date Nights since we were dating back in 2004!
If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, be sure to stop by the giveaway post and leave a comment!

6 comments:

uncustomary said...

Ooh, my favorite photo is the one of the colorful trucks!! They look really cool.

Parabolic Muse said...

Andria, I DO love looking at these photos. It reminds me of the flea markets in Paris. I know, I don't often go locally! ha! that sewing machine looked yummy and I don't even really sew.

I've been so slow to catch up on blogs that I didn't even know you had a giveaway! You generous girl!

Wendy said...

What a great date night! So much stuff - I would never know what to bid on.

eli said...

Sí, también sería una salida perfecta para mi marido y para mí, a ambos nos gustan los flea markets y cosas así :)

Anne said...

H'm, that couple on the loveseat look vaguely familiar!! Wonder how much all those trucks went for -- and can we maybe go next week???

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Awww... such a sweet date! :]
Thank you for sharing a wonderful part your heartfelt life. ~xx